24th May - 1.00 pm GMT
pleased to confirm all the team are now down to the North col and are/will
proceed to ABC today. Keith is fine and we send our best wishes to his partner
out in Afghanistan who has only been able to pick up the limited information
from our website.
24th May - 9.30 am GMT
News came in last night from Stu
that everyone, except Steve Green had descended to At least 7800m including
Keith our mystery guest who previously had managed to keep his exact location
'secret 'from the office. We have not yet had an update this morning however
we can assume they are making their way down to ABC to join Josh, Andrew and
Our Cho Oyu group reached the summit today at 4.00am GMT,
reporting snow and limited visibility and light winds.
23rd May - 1.30 pm GM
We understand all team members
are in one camp for the night. A full update in the morning
23rd May - 11.00 am GM
The following is all unconfirmed but likely to be correct
(where names have not been mentioned that is because we haven't got that
information). Please note we are dealing with communications in an extreme
environment and where only limited information can be sent whilst protecting
Report by Heather at ABC
Josh, Andrew, and Max are on their way down to ABC now. We're
expecting Max around 6pm and are expecting Josh and Andrew (and Keith? ) in
the next 15 - 20 minutes or so.
Mark, Ian, (?) Pete and Simon are at 7800m with Matt
Dickinson. I'm not sure if Matt Snook is there or not... Keith is either at
7800 or on his way down to ABC with Josh.
We've just had some broken communication with Stu -
unfortunately the radios between C3 and ABC give broken communication so we
could only hear bits and pieces of the conversation. Things are not great in
C3 and they have decided to stay the night there - this includes Stu, Nigel,
Brendan, Steven +1 -- . There are 8 sherpas at C3 to assist Stu to assist
everyone down tomorrow. The weather up there right now looks terrible and
Matt Dickinson confirmed that conditions were extremely challenging. Having
said that, the forecast for tomorrow looks good so hopefully the gusts will
die down over the next few hours.
Sorry that I don't have more accurate news at this stage...
I'll definitely let you know if there are any developments.
I'm not sure if Stu's phone works up at C3 but you may want to confirm this
info with him - as I said, everything we get down here is really broken up
Report by Heather at ABC
(please note camps are put in sheltered areas against the
wind, so this unfortunately can hinder communication, Dave Pritt)
23rd May - 08.35am GM
No news for definate in the last few hours, we are still waiting for Stu to
give an update. It is understood however (not confirmed) that a number of team
members turned round between 8600-8700m. All these are without doubt below the
first step and probably in the high camp at 8300m. Geordie was the last person
who may have made the summit before the turn around time. We await news. Dave
02.50pm GMT Matt Snook
& Peter Sunnucks will be next, they are about 20minutes from Summit (stu is
making his way down and will gradually report on each member). Also on summit
Mingma Sherpa, Dorjee Khatri, Phurba Ridar Sherpa. Simon Price turned round
and we believe he is at high camp (unconfirmed).
23rd May - 02.35pm GMT Stu telephoned from the summit, he is
on the top with Brendan and their Sherpas! Max is very close behind and should
be on top within the next 5minutes. Congratulations!
22nd May - 11.35pm GMT
Text from Stu at Second Step, he
says weather is brilliant!
22nd May - 11.25pm GMT
Text from Stu at
(Daves comment - so its about 3hrs
22nd May - 8.30pm GMT
The team is on its way, text from
Stu at First Step! (Good luck to all the team ...dave)
22nd May - 1.00pm GMT
The team made it to camp at 7800m
late last night. The wind has reduced to only a light breeze throughout last
night and into this morning, perfect conditions for allowing the team to set
off at 9am (local time) this morning for their ascent up to camp 3 at 8300m,
arriving at 3pm (local time).
The team are now resting at camp 3 (8300m) on oxygen and
keeping hydrated. They will be departing camp 3 at 10.30pm (local time),
aiming to reach the 'Second Step' for sunrise at around 4am (local time), then
continue on to the summit for around 8am (local time).
Everyone is in good spirits, and eager for their summit
The group continues to wait for a good weather forecast, although it appears
there will be a small drop in summit winds around the 16-17th May it is likely
we will wait for a more positive and defined window that appears to be forming
for the period 23-26th. Dave Pritt
10th May All the team + 6 sherpa finally came down to BC on
the 8th May. We are now all resting and waiting for the weather window to
come in, When that might be is the big question. Apparently the rope fixing
team have moved up to ABC and are planning to attempt final summit fix on
the 16th. It's Heathers 34th Birthday tomorrow and it sounds like Stephen &
Max have plans to celebrate the day with some sort of team orienteering
activities around base camp...
Leader : Stu Peacock
Leader : Matt Dickinson
|Nuru Wangchhu Sherpa
|Sonam Dorjee Sherpa
||Nima Thundu Sherpa
|Dawa Dorjee Sherpa
|Tsring Namgyal Sherpa
|Phurba Ridar Bhote
Gyanu Lama B
|Bhola Paudel - Sirdar
Update: Matt D, Heather, Pete & Matt S have had their first
night at the North Col. They have had a lot of snow up there, nearly a meter,
which has limited any attempt to move up the ridge. They will have another
night at the col tonight to help with acclimatization. If they cannot make any
further progress on the ridge then they will descend back to ABC.
All other team members are now down at BC.
All the team wish Geordie a Happy 21st Birthday today. I'm
sure he won't forget where he was on this occasion.
2nd May: Stu has been in contact this morning to confirm his
group have had a successful but wild and cold period of acclimatization on and
above the North Col! He described their walk up the North Ridge to 7300m as
the worst weather (cold and strong winds) he had ever experienced on Everest
during his three previous expeditions. So well done to those who were able to
complete their acclimatization.
Matt and his group (Heather, Pete and Matt) will go to the
North Col today for a couple of nights.
The group will now drop down to Base camp for a well
deserved rest before making their attempt on the summit.
Progress has been excellent to date and the expedition is
making perfect time.It is normal to have a period of about six days at BC to
fully rest, eat plenty and wait for the good weather before summit attempts
start. My estimation on the program from now is: BC rest 3rd -10th May and if
the weather looks good aim for the summit around the 16th. We will be watching
the weather reports carefully as we progress through this week. As normal we
will be posting more regular reports and throughout the night of the summit
day/s.(Dave Pritt, Director)
Following the unfortunate incident which occurred to another
team on 26th April (described below) Jantoon, Donn, Scott and Micky have
decided to leave behind their attempt on Everest and will start their journey
back to Kathmandu. We wish them well.
weather, high altitude double boot for extreme conditions The Olympus
Mons is the perfect choice for 8000-meter peaks. This super lightweight
double boot has a PE thermal insulating inner boot that is coupled with
a thermo-reflective outer boot with an integrated gaiter. We used a
super insulating lightweight PE outsole to keep the weight down and the
TPU midsole is excellent for crampon compatibility and stability on
steep terrain. WEIGHT: 39.86 oz • 1130 g LAST: Olympus Mons
CONSTRUCTION: Inner: Slip lasted Outer: Board Lasted OUTER BOOT: Cordura®
upper lined with dual-density PE micro-cellular thermal insulating
closed cell foam and thermo-reflective aluminium facing/ Insulated
removable footbed/ Vibram® rubber rand
See more here.