Due to weather, time zones and technology
issues, some dispatches & updates are delayed. We try to post these updates as
soon as we hear from the climbing teams. Here is the latest word from the
Summit Climb Cho Oyu expedition.
20 May 2013 -
We are staying at Camp 2 for now, hydrating, melting ice for water and
resting. High winds are preventing us from climbing higher. They are stronger
than we believe are safe conditions, to prevent accidents and frostbite. Based
on current weather forecasts, we are going to wait until approx. 22 May before
moving out again. Please stay tuned.
19 May 2013 –
We are safe at Camp 2 now, which is above 7100 m (23,300 ft). We are looking
at a beautiful sunset, with all the clouds below us. This was a long day, and
all but one of our team members (and all our Sherpas) made it to Camp 2. We
will keep our yes on the weather before deciding when to make out final summit
Sunset from camp 2 (Mia
Sport Everest Boot Expedition and mountaineering boot for high altitude
and extremely cold conditions. The Everest has conquered all 14
mountains over 8,000m and also the Seven Summits- and has now had a
makeover to ensure continued peak preformance. With a newer sung, Alpine
Fit, and even lighter
Expedition footwear for
mountaineering in conditions of extreme cold. NOTE US
See more here.